Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Zester

ok...so I used to be one of those people...you know, you could easily be one now...be hear me out...you won't be if you try it!

I used to just pass right over the part in the recipe where it said "the zest of something"...I would just up the amount of juice or extract or whatever to keep from having to zest anything...that was dumb.   Adding the zest of a lemon, orange, lime, cinnamon, nutmeg...whatever, is truly an AWESOME way to amp up flavor without adding anything fake or fatty or sugary to your cooking!  It adds bold flavor to dressings and desserts and can make for a simple and lovely garnish as well.

I use my zester EVERY SINGLE DAY!  I use this one, highly recommend it and totally cannot live without it.  Awesome Zester!  It makes a great $14 gift, stocking stuffer...no kitchen is complete without one.

Don't buck the Zest!


microplane-rasp-grater.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment