Sunday, September 28, 2014

Zucchini Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce


Easy peasy!  Last weeks chill temperatures got me ready for Fall, so this week I am feeling the cozy meals and smelling the pumpkin!  My menu this week includes some of our Fall Favorites and Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce is definitely one of those!  But, because I actually have 2 recipes on my menu this week that use meat sauce, I made up a big double batch in just a few minutes!  I have it stored in the fridge to use tomorrow for my Butternut Squash Lasagna and later in the week for Spaghetti!  

My kids LOVE spaghetti!  The really prefer it with meatballs, but today I needed to save time, so it's simple meat sauce for us!

Meat Sauce
2 lbs. ground beef - I use Grass Fed Beef here, but you can use regular 93/7 or whatever you like!  It's fabulous with ground turkey too!!!
2 - 16 oz. jars of your favorite pasta sauce - check the ingredients for added sugar!
8 oz. cans of diced tomatoes - again check for added sugar
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning

Brown the meat in a large sautΓ© pan on medium/hi heat.  Drain off the fat using a ladle.  Add next 3 ingredients and stir tom combine.  Bring to bubbly, then turn down to simmer and cover for 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Done!


All you need for sauce! This is a double batch pictured!

Brown the meat on med./hi, drain the fat off.  (I used a ladle because I made a double batch and the pan was really heavy.) Add diced tomatoes, Italian Seasoning, and 2 jars of sauce.

Mix everything together, let it start bubbling, then turn it down to simmer and cover for 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Done!



I turn it off and let it cool for about an hour before I store it!  You can freeze it or store in the fridge for about 3 days until you need it!  This goes well with so many thing!  I love to make it in HUGE batches in the crockpot and freeze it in quart sized freezer bags!  They lie flat for convenience in the freezer and you can pop them out 1-2 at a time!

I am serving it over a mix of zucchini noodles and spaghetti squash and using the other half for Butternut Squash Lasagna!  But, it is fantastic in Zucchini Boats as well! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment