Saturday, June 18, 2016

Paleo "Almond Joy" Chocolate Covered Coconut Treats

My husband LOVES coconut and one of his all time favorite things are Almond Joy bars! So, when I was thinking of fun things for us to make for him for Father's Day, I figure this would be doable!  Wowsers...I had no idea they were going to be SO good!  



What you need...
1 cup UNSWEETENED shredded coconut
2 tsp. honey
2 tbsp. coconut milk
1/4 tsp vanilla or seeds of 1 vanilla bean
handful of almond
dark chocolate bar (I used 70%)

First, shake the heck out of that can of coconut milk so the fat gets all dispersed!  Next, Line a baking sheets with foil and gently spray (I used coconut oil cooking spray).  Add the coconut, honey, coconut milk and vanilla to a medium bowl and stir well to combine.  Use a large spoon to scoop out a handful at a time, squeeze it tightly in your hand to form a pressed ball.  It sticks together pretty well but once you freeze it, it stays better!  Place each ball onto the lined baking sheet and press one almond into the coconut.  Freeze for about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, break the chocolate into little pieces and add to a glass bowl.  Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir well, microwave for 30 more, then stir again...it should be nicely melted.  Remove your coconut balls from the freezer.  Working quickly and carefully...this is messy...rolls them in the chocolate and place them back onto the baking sheet.  Return to the freezer until you are ready for them!  They peel easily of the foil!

I had leftover chocolate, I didn't want to waste, so I tossed some almonds in, coated them and added them to the sheet as well!

They seriously are THAT good!













No comments:

Post a Comment